Sunday, December 19, 2010

Why I'm Not Naked Today

I found this skirt on my last thrifting trek, and even though it was too small, fatigued around the yoke seam and overpriced, I fell in love with the print. I recently picked up a book on 80s textile prints and I think it's influencing my fashion decisions...

So I hacked off the yoke with my trusty seam ripper, folded over the top towards the front and attached it to a wide elastic with two rows of stretch stitch while stretching the elastic to the length of the fabric. That last part was HARD. I finally figured out how to keep tension on the top fabric using my elbow, but I'm not in a rush to try it again.


In the end I got a cute skirt that fits and that I'll actually wear. Success! Just don't look at my stitching too closely...

No comments: