Monday, February 14, 2011

(Partially Vintage) Fabric Bonanza!

I've been meaning to post about this all week!

I went to an absolutely fantastic fabric sale put on by the Textile Museum last Saturday. Got some super cute fabrics, all looking to be about three metre lenghts. Except for the funky cotton print three from the bottom, which is only one metre. Tote bag maybe? I also scored a fantastic butterscotch bakelite brooch for my mom. Someone had covered it in iridescent nail polish, but as I expected she made quick work of it. Now it's gorgeous again!


This first fabric is the only one I think I have doubts on, bought in the midst of fabric shopping frenzy. It's a cute print, but a lightweight polyester which isn't what I usually sew with, so we'll see what happens. I also look awful in white. And small scale prints. Oof.


This one is a similar type of fabric, but I love the print, which is also a way better scale and colour for me. I think I'm going to just go for it. There's a blouse in the January issue of Burda I think this would look awesome as.


This one is cut into two pieces, and it a gorgeous watercolour wool suiting, possibly a blend? I'm thinking skirt for this.


The colour on this dress weight linen is luminous. It glows. Seriously. Summer shift to-be, possibly Butterick 2952, version C. It really reminds me of early 90s sundresses, but I need a little sleeve.


I love this print, but it's just one metre and a kind of open weave cotton. An awkward piece for sure.



These last two are amazing light weight wool suiting. I think I might try doing a 40s suit in the Barbie pink one for fall. Mostly because that just has to exist, right?

No comments: