Monday, March 5, 2012

Handmade Wardrobe: Spring 2012

1&2: Tiny Pocket Tank from Grainline Studio; 3&6: Scout Woven tee from Grainline Studio; 4: Meringue Skirt from the Colette Sewing Handbook; 5: Tulip Skirt from Stitch Magazine by Jenny Gordy
Last week I mentioned Vancouver Emma (not to be confused with this Emma. Yep, I have two Emmas) and I were doing a Handmade Wardrobe: Spring 2012 challenge. During March we are both sewing four garments towards a mini-wardrobe for Spring. For me, part of this challenge is to use more solids in my sewing. I tend to gravitate towards bright and crazy prints. You might have noticed.

For the March challenge, like Emma, I will be making two of Grainline's Tiny Pocket Tanks likely without the pockets, and a Colette Meringue. For my fourth I will either make one of the other three garments in my Spring plan, or something else entirely. I just have to start by trying my first ever FBA on this tank pattern. Now you know why I mostly sew skirts and sack dresses... no bust fitting.

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

Very impressed by your adjustments - hope it fits well after all that work!
Thank you SO much for your helpful comment re shipping and Etsy - very much appreciated!